Re: [patch] More Arm EABI support routines

Hi Paul,

This argument only really holds if you assume the exact target platform can be statically determined by gcc.

As soon as you start trying to do dynamic selection you need C library specific things to determine which target you're running on. There is prior art for doing this on glibc/linux.

We (CodeSourcery) have already added these routines to glibc, and expect them to stay there for the reasons described above.
Adding yet another implementation of memcpy in gcc for newlib targets seems like a bad idea. I'd much prefer putting them in newlib so that all the memcpy implementations are in the same place.

OK - in that case I have no further objections to your putting the memcpy routines in newlib, but I would ask that you include a comment there which basically reproduces your explanation above. That way other people will not fall into the same trap that I did.

Cheers
  Nick