building GCC/newlib for MIPS targets

Hello:

I'm trying to build GCC 3.4.2 with newlib 1.12 (using MinGW) for the MIPS targets. I need to build the big-endian and little-endian C++ libraries for the MIPS-elf targets. I was successful in building the big-endian C++ libraries (this what the options defaulted to). I am unsure on how to build the C++ libraries for the little-endian targets. When building newlib I suppiled the -EL compile target option, and then used GCC to build and install the little-endian libaries. It seemed like the little-endian libraries were built however, I get linking errors when I build my test programs. Is this the correct option when building newlib for little-endian targets?

I looked online for help and came across using the multilib options. I tried using multilib and only the big-endian libraries get built. When I invoke the -print multilib compiler option I get blank.

1. How to build the tools chain for various target endianess
combinations ?

2. Is it possible to just build one compiler (instead
of mipsel-xx, mipseb-xxx etc) and a set of libraries to
do the job ? If yes, do I need to use multilib option
? If so, how to use it ?

MULTILIB_OPTIONS = EL/EB
MULTILIB_DIRNAMES = el eb

Thanks