Re: getopt_long

2005/11/30, Gregory Pietsch <gpietsch@comcast.net>:
> The reason why I called it GETOPT_LONG_OPTION_T is because I thought
> "option" was too generic by itself.
>
> I didn't put const in there because it's easier on me. If I want it to
> be a constant, I just don't modify it. ;-)
>
> Gregory Pietsch

It must be 'struct option' to be source compatible with GNU glibc. It
must be const to be source compatible with both SUSv3 and GNU glibc.
Modifying either of these would cause a lot more trouble than it's
worth. The const modifier requires a disclaimer, because if
permutation is allowed, it's not really const.

Cheers,
Shaun