Newlib autotools updated

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Wed Apr 19 20:34:00 GMT 2006

Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Steve Ellcey wrote:
>
>>> This is to inform everyone that the autotools experimental branch
>>> stuff has been checked into the repository.  Thanks to everyone who
>>> helped test it out.
>>>
>>> -- Jeff J.
>>

>> Jeff, thanks a lot to you for doing this.  Is libgloss part of the
>> newlib project too?  I was looking at the latest sources and I see that
>> all the newlib configure scripts were generated by autoconf 2.59 but the
>> libgloss configure scripts were generated by 2.13.
>>
>> Steve Ellcey
>> sje@cup.hp.com
>

> I am about to convert libgloss.
>
> -- Jeff J.

I have just checked in a converted libgloss.  I added an acinclude.m4
that defines LIB_AC_PROG_CC and LIB_AM_PROG_AS for all to use and
generated aclocal.m4 files in each directory.  Each configure.in was
switched to prereq 2.59 and to reference the two macros above, rather
than define them.  I did not convert libgloss targets over to use
Makefile.am.

-- Jeff J.