Documentation reentrancy

I am working on a very simple application, but do not know what is the best solution. The documentation is not clear enough (for me).

>From the mailing list, the preferred way is NOT to use the _xxxx_r functions. Mention this preference in the docs.

The documentation phrase "Each function which uses the global reentrancy structure uses the global variable <x-tad-smaller>_impure_ptr</x-tad-smaller>, which points to a reentrancy structure." is confusing. Is there really a GLOBAL reentrancy structure?

An improvement to the documentation would be an addition to choice 2 (which I think is the preferred choice): "The global _impure_ptr should be set to point to the thread-dependent _reent at every thread switch by the OS".

Cheers,

Carl