Re: Non-SUS functions

As I recall, BusyBox can be configured (by editing header files and
Makefiles) to not include most of this stuff.  Ie, it's basically
designed to have a whole lot of UNIX commands built into a single
executable, and many of those commands will have no poorly defined
meanings outside of a UNIX environment.

In my view, these aren't the sorts of functions that should be
supplied by a C runtime library; they're extremely system specific.
Glibc does provide these, but most are just wrappers around OS defined
system calls.  Newlib isn't just a trimmed down version of glibc for
people who want a smaller Linux; it's designed for embedded systems in
general.  Adding yet more functions just means people will have more
functions to stub out.