This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Does Newlib support mmu-less CPUs?
- From: "Shaun Jackman" <sjackman at gmail dot com>
- To: "Alex Lam" <alexcklam at gmail dot com>
- Cc: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:33:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: Does Newlib support mmu-less CPUs?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Shaun Jackman" <sjackman at gmail dot com>
On 3/23/06, Alex Lam <email@example.com> wrote:
> I am new to Newlib.
> I am just wondering if Newlib support MMU-less CPUs?
> In particular, for the embedded ARM cores?
Yes. I use the arm-elf newlib target with Atmel's AT91 (an ARM7TDMI
with no MMU) and it works fantastically. Although, MMU dependency is
really more in the kernel's domain than the in the libc