RE: Cygwin build error

On 28 April 2006 16:44, Shaun Jackman wrote:

> On 4/28/06, Dave Korn <dave.korn@artimi.com> wrote:

>>> Aha! Somebody else has seen the bug that's been messing with me.
>>
>>   It is, however, trivially fixed by blowing away your newlib build dir.
>
> I haven't found that is the case. I see this bug when compiling newlib
> from an absolutely clean unpacking of the source. It occurs due to
> multilibbing and affects the multilib directories after the first root
> (.) multilib.
>
> Cheers,
> Shaun

  Oh, silly me, I forgot about multilib.

  Then again, you probably want all the objects to be rebuilt in those circumstances, since surely *other* compiler flags are also changing, and make doesn't know that changing those effectively makes the object out-of-date, don't you?

  None of which changes anything WRT the fact that it would be better for the superfluous whitespace to be stripped.

    cheers,
      DaveK