Re: targ-include multilib appears broken

On 6/2/06, Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@redhat.com> wrote:
Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Shaun Jackman wrote:
>
>> The build for each of the multilib directories is including from
>> arm-elf/newlib/targ-include instead of their specific multilib
>> targ-include, and the . (dot) multilib appears to be built after the
>> thumb multilib, so arm-elf/newlib/targ-include doesn't yet exist when
>> thumb is being built. I hacked around this by copying the targ-include
>> from thumb to . (dot).
>>

> There should only be one targ-include.  Header files are shared across
> the multilibs.  I am building right now using an older arm-elf toolset I
> have around and am not seeing any such problem.  When I do a arm-elf-gcc
> -print-multi-lib I see "." as the first entry in the list.  Is that the
> case for you?

Hmm, I should rephrase that. There only needs to be one targ-include.

-- Jeff J.

I'm still using the work-around I posted above. If the unnecessary copies of targ-include were removed from the other multilib build directories, perhaps it would solve my problem by way of collateral damage. It is a little odd that thumb gets built before ., even though . is listed first in -print-multi-lib.

Cheers,
Shaun