[RFC 0/4] cell offloaded stdio

These probably aren't ready for inclusion in the main cvs repository yet, but I would like some feedback on patch number 4. I'm also sending them out without changelogs and rebasing because others are using them and they include some bugfixes. They are very functional and have gone through a decent amount of testing.

Patch number 4 attempts to solve the problem that on the cell spu the architecture dictates that FILE* is in fact an int, with stdout etc having predefined constant int values. Meanwhile newlib wants FILE* to be a real structure, with stdout etc just being set up during library init. This patch is a crude hack, but a very functional one.

I'm of the opinion that after some minor cleanup and adding a changelog up these patches could be merged in. Then the long term solution to patch 4 is to split stdio.h into an architecture neutral bit and an architecture specific bit. This would allow the cell spu to get its int FILE*, and everyone else to not have any functional changes. Patch 4 could then be reverted.

But I wanted to get some feedback before I pursue this course of action, to save myself some time and potential frustration.