Re: crt0 formalization

It's for the spu. I am guessing that Joel also got an error message regarding the patch size so it never got posted to the newlib msg list, though it made it to my inbox.

I have tar'd up the patch and attached to this message.

-- Jeff J.

Joel Sherrill wrote:
Jeff Johnston wrote:
<resent due to sources.redhat.com rejecting my original reply message due to the fact it included the original patch and thereby exceeded a size constraint>

Is it fair to say no one has objections to this patch? I will check it in later today unless I hear otherwise.

I don't remember seeing this patch and I don't see any email from jschopp or a message with
"formalization" in the subject in the newlib mailing list archives for the past few months .
It may be fine but I don't think it has been seen on the newlib list.

Which platform is the crt0 for?

--joel
-- Jeff J.

jschopp wrote:
In our recent SDK 2.0 and in patches being submitting for FSF gcc there are some changes to crt0. The attached patch has been extensively tested as part of our SDK. Everything works as expected. The only minor regression is that it pulls in atexit(), which in turn pulls in malloc(). This works fine but takes up space, which is precious on this platform. Previous discussions on this list have sent some patches with resolve the problem of pulling in malloc.

In my opinion the attached patch should be committed.