Re: printf and glibc extensions

Eric,

I'm glad to hear you are aware of the embedded environment, I was just checking.

For that matter, true embedded programmers know that [snip] using printf is a non-starter

I've written probably a couple dozen "poor-mans-printf()" solutions over the years.

I have been burned by GCC's "printf()" optimizing features, and learned about -fno-builtin-printf . And
the ARM ADS - Standard C library that - has a integer divide-by-zero test, which calls fprintf(stderr,.....)
which then - sucks the _entire_ standard C library into my otherwise tiny 2K boot loader image

Worse, you must dig through levels of ./configure to find the one you need.

No, ./configure --help should be able to list them all (grabbing the
recursive help in your behalf).
I guess you have not tried it recently.... compare the output in ${newlib-root-dir} vrs ${newlib-newlib-dir}