Re: Patch to update libtool in GCC and Src trees

(2) Otherwise: how can the auto* machinery be manipulated to conditionally invoke LT_INIT or AM_PROG_LIBTOOL, without experiencing the problems I described earlier:
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/newlib/2007/msg00523.html

As a stopgap solution, I would try adding an "_LT_DECL_SED" just above the "if test "${use_libtool}" = yes; then" line. This would be no big deal compared to the LIB_AC_PROG_GCC hacks currently used by newlib.

However, I think the right way to do it is to mimic what the target libraries in the gcc tree do: using AC_NO_EXECUTABLES and always using libtool. I can try to do so in the arm-elf configuration I use at work, if it is okay to commit Steve's patch with the temporary measure above.

Paolo