Re: pow10 and exp10

Hi Yaakov,

Sorry not to get back to you earlier.

I agree with Eric. I have put the functions in the common directory. The common directory was created after the original math directories. The exp2 function was overlooked.

We don't use the _GNU_SOURCE macro in newlib as found in glibc and the linux man pages. We don't have a plethora of standards we fully support. Anyway, I got rid of the _GNU_SOURCE checks and added checks for prototype name macros. I added portability statements to the docs that mention they were GNU extensions. I also added a comment that you had created these files from modified sources in 2007.

Modified code has been checked in.

2007-05-17 Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz <at> users.sourceforge.net>

        * libm/common/Makefile.am: Add support for exp10, exp10f,
        pow10, and pow10f functions.
        * libm/common/Makefile.in: Regenerated.
        * libm/common/s_pow10.c: New file.
        * libm/common/sf_pow10.c: Ditto.
        * libm/common/s_exp10.c: Ditto.
        * libm/common/sf_exp10.c: Ditto.
        * libc/include/math.h [!pow10]: New pow10 prototype.
        [!pow10f]: New pow10f prototype.
        [!exp10]: New exp10 prototype.
        [!exp10f]: New exp10f prototype.

-- Jeff J.

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
Eric Blake wrote:
The patches look okay to me. However, since the implementation is so
trivial, shouldn't you just provide a single version in libm/common rather
than identical versions in libm/math and libm/mathfp? That's Jeff's call.

I used the exp2 implementation, which is quite similar, as a basis for these.

Yaakov Cygwin Ports