RE: Build error CVS head

On 17 June 2007 01:34, Brian Dessent wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote:
>
>>   Anyone else seen this?  I'm building newlib as part of a winsup checkout,
>
> I wasn't seeing it, but that was from an existing build dir; once I
> cleaned it I now see the error.
>
>> /usr/build/src-winsup/newlib/libc/search/tdelete.c:34: error: `node_t'
>> undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Likely culprit seems to be
> <http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-cvs/2007-q2/msg00033.html> and the
> removal of node_t.

  Indirectly; the actual problem is that an internal winsup/cygwin header by
the name 'search.h' is overriding the desired internal newlib/libc 'search.h'
header during compilation of newlib/libc.  There's not intrinsically a problem
with newlib and cygwin each having a separate 'search.h' just so long as each
one, while compiling, finds its own one first in the include search path - in
this particular case, files from .../winsup/cygwin/include should not come
earlier in the search path than files from .../newlib/libc/include while
compiling newlib (but they should while compiling cygwin).

    cheers,
      DaveK