Re: PowerPC Altivec version of setjmp/longjmp

Eric Norum wrote:
The code in powerpc/setjmp.S contains conditionally assembled code which saves/restores the Altivec registers. This breaks on operating systems like RTEMS which do not normally enable the Altivec unit. The RTEMS maintainers asked me to submit this patch which was originally provided by Till Straumann <strauman@slac.stanford.edu>
The patch is quite small so I've just attached it to this message.

There haven't been any comments on this.

Just because the CPU supports a feature doesn't mean it is enabled.
This patch just honors that.  Please consider merging it.

Thanks.

--joel sherrill