Re: Building newlib without -mhard-float

On Sep 6, 2007, at 1:14 PM, Jeff Johnston wrote:

I've been looking quickly at the gcc. I noticed that if you configure xscale-elf, you then have the compiler use xscale-elf.h which has the following in it. Note that -mfpu=softvfp is the default. I think this is what you want. Also note the different multilibs.

Do you mean, using --target=xscale-elf? I did use --with-cpu=xscale and --target=arm-elf, and I get only the following multilibs, and the default build uses VFP and no soft float (although a simple float addition didn't fail for me).

$ arm-elf-gcc --print-multi-lib
.;
thumb;@mthumb

-- Rick