Got printf() et al. to work, but not for floating point

So, I've gotten printf() to work on my PXA320 target, outputting to the serial port. I've also got floating point working, as evidenced by a little bouncing-ball app I wrote using floating point math. I also have malloc() working (AFAICT).

However, if I try to print a floating-point value with printf(), the system either crashes or hangs for a long time.

printf("Hello. Pi is %f\n", 3.141592654f);

Any ideas as to why? I know on my other arm target, using a toolchain built for it and used by others, printf() with floating point values is a bit flaky, too.

--
Rick