Re: Problem with ARM port and pow() function

Alle 19:45, martedì 16 ottobre 2007, Nick Clifton ha scritto:

> > Or if you need the .ld linker script, I can email you.
>
> Yes to that as well please. :-)
>
> In fact maybe you can create a stripped, compressed binary that I could try
> running directly to see if I can make the problem occur for me too.

I'm going to post it to your email, not to the list.
(i think that the list do not allow attachments)

> Hmm - well I made myself a fake lpc210x_gnuarm.h header file and built the
> test code with that - and it works.  (Well it goes into an infinite loop,
> which is what you would expect.  It does not seg-fault).  I suspect that
> there must be some other problem here.

I think that it can be a link/init problem, but I can't understand what's
wrong.

> I do note that you are invoking pow() inside a function called "delay()".
> Is the sole purpose of this loop to waste time ?  If so then there are
> better ways of doing this than calling math functions.

I have to use the pow() function in another real project. I wanted to test how
much time it needs for the pow() function to be executed on my hardware, so I
made this simple test loop.

> I built the test this way and it still worked for me.  Note however I am
> using a simulator to run both versions of the test, not actually having any
> ARM hardware.  Maybe you are running into an illegal instruction trap ?

Maybe it's so. But I'm not sure I can trap this with insight and the jtag
debugger. I'll try to see what I can understand.

> > Then I tried to compile my own arm-elf toolchain with the following
> > configuration:
>
> Did the problem still occur with this home built arm-elf toolchain ?

Yes, it's the same.

--
Faumarz