Re: NEWLIB - CVS question

Stephan Tiriac wrote:

> I'd like to retrieve from CVS older, __well-known__ revisions of newlib not forcedly the top of the  trunk. So I'd like to find out how do you tag the "newlib" revisions to be released. I may be wrong but I don't see any such a tag in the CVS repository. Thanks in advance telling me what are my options.

I think perhaps you're attributing to newlib more of a release process
than actually exists.  As far as I know, Jeff simply makes a release
around December every year, without particular regard for judgement of
stability -- obviously with some sanity checks that it builds and
functions for common targets I presume.

Regardless, I see CVS tags newlib-1_15_0, newlib-1_14_0, newlib-1_13_0,
newlib-1_12_0, etc. so you should be able to check out any of these.

> Also, for a couple of days I'm trying, without success to get the latest snapshot of newlib from "ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/newlib";. Looks like the ftp server is down or in maintenance. Is there a chance to have it back on line?

The link works fine for me right now.  But sourceware.org (aka
sources.redhat.com aka gcc.gnu.org aka cygwin.com) is mirrored to a
number of places so you should be able to use any of the listed mirrors:
<http://sourceware.org/mirrors.html>

Brian