Re: Bug (?) in sprintf family?

Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 15:36 -0400, Jeff Johnston wrote:
Please try the attached patch.  It disconnects the sprintf and sscanf
family of functions from bringing in all the I/O stuff.  This is
especially useful since tzset drags in sscanf.

If I missed something, let me know.

-- Jeff J.

Jeff:

Since the separation of sprintf/scanf from the I/O stuff isn't part of
the C library specification, this patch doesn't really do me any good.
In fact, I'ld prefer that it not be applied. Had this patch already been
applied when I started, it would have had the effect of obscuring a bug.

If the specification doesn't require them to be connected,
then this looks like a good thing to me.  In the RTEMS world,
we have been pushing our minimum code space number down
and this looks like a legitimate idea for reducing the
automatic baggage.
shap

  Support Available             (256) 722-9985