Re: ctype macros broken on 64-bits builds?

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Jeff Johnston wrote:

>  I have checked in the accompanying patch which implements the alternative you
> mention above.  To prevent breakage in existing code, I have created a new
> pointer: __ctype_ptr__ and changed the ctype macros/functions to use it.

By removing the _ctype_ declaration, this breaks building libstdc++-v3,
which has headers knowing about the internals of ctype on several
different systems: the newlib version of those headers
(config/os/newlib/ctype_noninline.h) uses _ctype_.

I recommend restoring that compatibility declaration, so that existing
libstdc++-v3 versions still build.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com