Setting up Newlib for a Sparc-elf configured GCC

Hi All,

I've been in the process of setting up a new install of GCC recently, and am
nearly done. The only thing I do not understand how to do is finish the
setup of Newlib before making my own crt0.o file.

I've currently installed binutils 2.17 and gcc 4.2.0 successfully (after
nearly putting my laptop through the wall a few times). I've also installed
gmp and mpfr (in case I need to move to a newer version of GCC in the
future). I've been following the Wiki
(http://wiki.osdev.org/GCC_Cross-Compiler) on how to do this, but have
gotten stuck on the porting Newlib section
(http://wiki.osdev.org/Porting_Newlib).

The part I'm lost at is right near the beginning, where it requires you to
make the system calls. It shows a large set of code, but gives no
explanation as to what I'm supposed to do with it. In my
newlib-1.16.0/libgloss folder I do have several of the commands mentioned in
the wiki, but I'm unsure what to do now. Do I need to edit the ones there
and create files for the entries that do not exist? Are these files
different because I configured newlib for sparc-elf as opposed to x86?

Any help would be appreciated!