Re: mn10300 linker script update

Jeff Law wrote:

Modern versions of the toolchain have added several new sections that need to appear in the linker script. Most notable are a few .bss sections for the C++ runtime. Failure to include these sections leads to memory corruption as the _end symbol incorrectly appears before the end of the .bss sections. Needless to say this causes a variety of fun and interesting problems as the C++ runtime clobbers the heap and vice-versa.

I resync'd all the mn103 libgloss linker scripts with the standard mn10300 linker script. I've tested the simulator linker script thoroughly, but since I don't have eval boards, I can't actually test the others.

Given I haven't contributed to this code in nearly a decade, I thought it best to wait for approval/feedback rather than just check in the changes :-)

OK to apply?

Yes, please go ahead. I assume there will be other neglected platforms that will also be missing this change.

Thanks,

-- Jeff J.

* libgloss/mn10300/sim.ld: Sync with standard mn10300 elf linker script.
* libgloss/mn10300/{asb2303.ld,asb2305.ld,eval.ld}: Likewise.