Re: seekdir dereferences null

Schwarz, Konrad> The majority of processors newlib runs on have MMU or at least memory protection unit (MPU) support,

Your view of newlib is *very* different then mine. I guess it depends on how you see the landscape from your position. We all see things differently.

Two well known quick examples are: ARM7 does not, CortexM3 do not have MMU/MPU support.

An MPU/MMU also implies there is an operating system that configured them, newlib is an extremely common "bare metal" standard library where there is no such thing.

Then there are many cases where the OS does nothing with the MMU/MPU - For example: "ThreadX" and "uC/OS-II" and others

Does ECOS setup the MMU/MPU?

====

Secondly - assert()

While, "assert" is viable - the problem is it *GOES*AWAY* when debug is disabled.

That is why - I suggested the "#if defined(PARMCHECKING_ENABLED) to keep it enabled!

The benefit of "param checking" - is all of those situations where there is no MMU/MPU configured to help.

-Duane.