porting newlib: handling config to the top directory files

Hello all,

I'm a new user of newlib, trying to port it for an OS-less DLX processor.
I did all the steps explained in

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/newlib/2004/msg00230.html

No problem. But after the last step (step 7), it says " This assumes you
have already handled adding your new configuration to the top directory
files." My question is what are the steps to handle top directory files?

My second question: I first %setenv CC mycomp and then
%../newlib-1.16.0/configure --target=mydlx --host=sparc-sun-solaris2.10 Is
it correct? am I supposed to define CC to be mycomp (which is my DLX
compiler) or leave it as host gcc?

After a lot of messages, at the end, the configure is unsuccessful and
gives me this:
sed: command garbled: s,@LD@, /tools-sol2/lib/gcc-lib/dlx/2.7.2.3/ld

The config.log is attached. Thank you very much.

Navid