Re: newlib PIC24/30 port

tisdagen den 3 februari 2009 skrev Leo Singer:
> Dear Karolina,
>
> It appears that I do have the "iprintf" symbol, but my linker insists
> otherwise.  Do you know what is happening?  See below.

No, I don't know. Try to give absolute paths to the libraries, since there is
a bug in pic30-gcc, that makes it not understand paths on linux. I have a
bugfix, but it is not cleaned out, but mixed with my other changes to
pic30-gcc.

I finally got some success using newlib on he pic30, after hours, and hours of
finding and fixing gcc problems, and even more hours trying to get some sense
out of the autobuild system for newlib, and finally giving up on libgloss,.

$ cat test.c
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
        printf("Hello, world!\n");
        return 0;
}
$ pic30-gcc test.c -msmart-io=0  -o test
$ wine /usr/pic30/bin/sim30.exe

This is the Microchip dsPIC30 simulator version [CLI v3.43.00.00]
Copyright (c) 2005 Microchip Technology Inc. All rights reserved.
Device: 'dspic30super'
Instruction set version [ISA2 Rev A 2003/01/31]
Program space:-
[000000..03ffff] Program FLASH
[7ff000..7fffff] Data FLASH
[f80000..f8000d] Configuration Registers
Data space:-
[0000..ffff] X Data RAM
[3000..ffff] Y Data RAM
Simulated Peripherals:-
HsAdc   Uart1   Uart2   Timer1  Timer2
Timer3  Timer4  Timer5  IC1     IC2
IC3     IC4     IC5     IOPortA IOPortB
IOPortC IOPortD IOPortE IOPortF IOPortG
KeySequenceEnable
dsPIC30> lc test
dsPIC30> rp
dsPIC30> io nul out
dsPIC30> e
dsPIC30>q
$ cat out
Hello, world!
$

I don't know how to get the ouput to the screen, (stdout) instead of a to a
file yet. At least newlib works on the pic30 now, which is a milestone for
me.

Next I will look into some other functions, like iprintf et. al, and some
other missing functions.

Karolina