Re: RFC: Version information string vs. version number

Hi,

> This won't work well for newlib, because the release discipline
> amounts to "update the version every december". You'ld need to use the
> CVS revision number. There is no correlation between the nominal
> newlib version number and the feature set.

Oh, I understand. Is there any other way to differentiate between those
versions / feature sets? Having the CVS revision number anywhere in the
newlib.h would be great. This might be an unusual case, but it's quite
annoying, since there are lots of different toolchains out there, some
of them using older newlib versions, some the newer ones. Even if there
is only a not correlated version number that could be checked by the
preprocessor it would help in this case.

Bye,

Ole Reinhardt

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
ThermoTemp GmbH

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel 0271 5513597, 0271-73681 - fax 0271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
tel 030 4315205 - fax 030 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280