manpage generation?

I'm working on adding missing documentation for about a dozen functions
in libm.  I've been testing making the PDFs (e.g. libm.pdf) to make
sure that the additions go in right, but was wondering how man pages
were
generated so that I also could double-check that before submitting the
patch.

As far as I saw from poking around the makefiles, it doesn't look like
there are provisions for man pages to be made.  However, I know that
Cygwin has them, so there must be some way of making them.  (I got the
Cygwin source, but did not find it there with just a little looking.
One
of my reasons for adding what is missing is so that I'll be able to have
the missing manpages in Cygwin.)

So, a few questions:
Does Newlib directly support manpage generation?
If yes, how is it done?
If Newlib, itself, does not, does anyone know how it is done in Cygwin?

Thanks,
Craig