Re: Split ttyname.c to avoid unnecessary dependencies

Eric Bresie wrote:
Shucks...I thought I had sent this comment out some time back and was
wondering why it never showed up...let me try again.

Not sure if newlib is trying to stay Unix/POSIX compliant, but
splitting the file might be counter to the standard.See
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/ttyname.html

Would an #ifdef _TTYNAME / #ifdef _TTYNAME_R or some such item usable
allowing on the needed function to be used?

I must be missing something. I fail to see how which file(s)
methods are implemented in is covered by the standard at all.

--joel

-- Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805 Support Available (256) 722-9985