From: newlib-owner@sourceware.org [mailto:newlib-owner@sourceware.org]
On Behalf Of Corinna Vinschen
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 1:54 PM
To: newlib@sourceware.org
Subject: strtold?

Hi,

I'm just implementing wscanf and friends.  While I'm at it, I'm
stumbling over the missing wcstold functionality.  Strange enough,
newlib has a strtold function in libc/stdlib/ldtoa.c.  However, that
function is actually called _strtold and not mentioned in the header
files at all.  But it's used in vfscanf.c.

Here's the question:  Why is strtold not "officially" exported when
the function is actually available?  Is there any good reason?
If not, I'd suggest to declare strtold in stdlib.h.  Then I could
implement wcstold along the lines of the current wcstod function and
we would get long double support in wscanf more or less for free.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader