Re: [patch] Fix array aliasing conftest

> From: Ken Werner <ken@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
> Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 17:39:10 +0200

> Assuming you're using recent GCC versions

Top-of-the-tree, less than 24h old, r146222 to be precise.  I'm
trying to update the newlib I use for my autotester manually.
(It usually does that by itself, but only when there are no
regressions, which there currently is - but which should be
cured by the recently applied newlib stdint.h patch!)

(...long story cut short)
> So, I'm not sure this
> is the root cause of the cris-elf build failure.

It most likely isn't, sorry, I've been looking at the wrong
config.log; I should've understood from the "checking for C
compiler default output file name" I quoted, doh.

FWIW, apparently a recent newlib change (since April 1st) causes
crt0.o to no longer be available at newlib configure-time:
/tmp/newnewlib/pre/cris-elf/bin/ld: crt0.o: No such file: No such file or directory
I'll dig deeper.

> However, the resulting _HAVE_ARRAY_ALIASING define is only used in
> newlib/libc/ctype/ctype_.c. Since the configure test did not define this flag for
> about four years we might omit the whole test and remove the guarded code.

Indeed.

brgds, H-P