Re: How to printf Japanese Word

Qiang Wang wrote:
hi, thanks for your answer.
I use arm-elf-gcc and run the newlib in the arm target board.
I print out the string through the serial cable.
If I use my printf_me, the Japanese will be printed very well.
I have found that printf in newlib will cut the MSB of the byte.
I even modify some MACRO and re-compile the newlib to support wide
character string.
But I can not get the Japanese work print .

Hello,

What is the hex representation of the multibyte string you are trying to print?

I have noticed that in lower I/O functions for line-buffered streams (stdout is one), there are checks for single-byte newline which would not work in the case of multibyte characters containing 0A

-- Jeff J.
best regards
wangqiang