Re: Build libxil.a and xil-*crt0.o for powerpc-xilinx-eabi

Michael Eager wrote:
Jeff Johnston wrote:
Michael Eager wrote:
Attached is a patch which adds xil-crt0.S, source
for xil-*crt0.o, and builds libxil.a.  For Xilinx
PowerPC 405/440.

Michael,

I'm afraid the licensing of xil-crt0.S isn't adequate. IANAL, but to me it just says that it might contain infringements and you are responsible for figuring this out. It doesn't provide usage rights (i.e. free to copy/modify/etc..). This is not sufficient for checking into newlib.
Can you possibly contact the supplier of this code to see if it can be licensed under a simple BSD-style license. Similar comments apply to any other code using that license. If there is question as to who wrote the code and whether it is infringing on patents, then it cannot be checked in. I am surprised that sort of license would be used for a simple start-up file.

The attached patch as a BSD-like license.

Patch has been checked-in with modification. The xilinx license doesn't occur in newlib, but libgloss. I have modified COPYING.LIBGLOSS. As well, the libgloss changes belong in the libgloss ChangeLog.