Re: isnanf cleanup

On Friday 03 July 2009 07:19:59 pm Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> Patch has a problem.  It will break spu math library.  The spu will define
> isnan and isinf to not support float values which will override the
> definitions in math.h.  Don't know why SPU has those macros in
> machine/ieeefp.h but they should be rewritten to match the ones in math.h
> or removed entirely.
>
> -- Jeff J.

Hi,
Why does this patch break the SPU math library?
The reason that the isinf and isnan macros are overwritten by the
machine/ieeefp.h is that these are evaluated at compile time and thus faster
than the math.h variant which calls fpclassify. They could be rewritten to use
fpclassify instead of __isinfd/__isnand but we don't have an optimized
__fpclassifyd routine like our vectorized isnan code.

-ken