Re: Infineon xc16x support

On 04/12/09 12:34 PM, Conny Marco Menebröcker wrote:
On Sunday 15 November 2009 10:38:52 Conny Marco Menebröcker wrote:
Hi,

sorry my first patch file was defect.
I've got problems sending my patch as atachment. The last mails got all
  lost, without any debounce mail. So please donload the file:

http://www.menebroecker-web.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/newlib_xc16x.tar.
gz

Thanks and best regards,
Conny

Hi,

please review my patch.

Best regards,

Conny

Patch has been committed with the following changes:

putchar.c has been moved to libc/machine/xc16x and its prototype has been changed to accept an int rather than a char, per ANSI.

puts.c has also been moved libc/machine/xc16x.

You should understand that the shared putchar macro in stdio.h will get invoked by any user including stdio.h unless they surround the function call with parentheses or #undef the macro. It calls putc() which eventually will end up using your write syscall in libgloss. I'm not sure why you chose to override this particular function by itself other than a possible performance improvement or experiment, but be aware of the previous information. If it was only meant as an experiment, feel free to request it being removed.

I regenerated the autotool files locally.

Regards,