RTEMS patch sweep 4

Hi,

another RTEMS patch, we would like to see incorporated into the upcoming newlib release.

We are carrying this patch with us for many years, but it for some reasons has never made it into the "official newlib".

IIRC, it originates from GCC once having switched from unconditionally supplying __mc68000__ to __m68k__, many years ago, but I don't fully recall the reasons for us using this patch :(

Ralf