Newlib + Mingw32 + No cross compile

Hi All,

I need to compile the Newlib targeting Win32/i386 environment.

Basically, I do not want to cross compile, just compile Newlib targeting my
build environment (Mingw32, Windows XP and i386)

I've read several articles, but all of them talk about cross compiling, etc.
I just want to build Newlib for my machine architecture, os, etc.

I've tried several -target=XXXX combinations, but all attempts result in two
scenarios:

1) Only the documentation is built;
2) The compilation process fails, due to a missing compiler (related with
the target setting)

Also tried with Cygwin and the results are the same.

Is it possible?

Thank you.

Miguel.