Re: strsignal.c implementation

On 05/11/2010 03:29 PM, Jeff Johnston wrote:
On 05/11/2010 02:46 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
On 05/11/2010 01:09 PM, Jeff Johnston wrote:
Looks good. Any chance you could add some documentation to it to save
me the trouble? It does not have to be as detailed as strerror.c.

It is not the great American novel but there is some documentation
which is correct.

I figure you can handle the Makefile regeneration magic. :)
Code checked in.
Thank you.
  I changed the signature to be char * instead of const
char * as I found the online docs for the function (including glibc)
were all sans-const.

Hmm.. there was a paragraph in strerror about this implementation
using constant strings and do not corrupt them.  I wonder if
now that it is not returning a const char * if that same text needs
to be there.
I added the docs to the string.tex file and patched Makefile.am/Makefile.in.

2010-05-11 Joel Sherrill<joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com>

          * libc/string/strsignal.c: New file.
          * libc/string/Makefile.am: Add support for strsignal.
          * libc/string/strings.tex: Ditto.
          * libc/string/Makefile.in: Regenerated.

-- Jeff J.

Thanks,

No problem.

Out of curiosity, is there a list of missing methods? We also
came across srandom and random.

--joel

-- Jeff J.

2010-05-11 Joel Sherrill<joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com>

* libc/string/strsignal.c: New file.

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985