Re: porting a function to a embedded system

Hi Jean-Marc,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, sorry for not mentioning that, but there
is no operating system. I was planning to use the code under newlib to
implement the function, but I was asking because I don't know if it is
possible, or a correct way to do it. I just want a function that does
the same to that one, but I suppose it is good enough for me to lookup
names or addresses in local tables

For example, there is another function called gethostbyname, very
similar to the one that I need, that has been ported to this platform
already. It is included in the development kit, in a library called
dswifi. It is a static library, so you can link to it and you can use
the function. Well, I want to do something like this.

Thank you and have a nice day!