Re: Missing implementation ?

On Dec 8 11:14, Roi Illouz wrote:
Hi
I'm no expert with newlib so please bare with me :)
I've built a powerpc-eabi tool chain gcc 4.4.5 including newlib 1.18.
When compiling my program I got a linker error: in the file
sf_logarithm.c the call to the function isfinitef could not be resolved.
I looked around in libm there were implementation of isfinite but no
implementation of isfinitef the FPU version was missing (or that I
didn't have the wits to find it). Is this a bug ? should I fix the code
? Am I missing something ?

I'm rather fuzzy on math stuff, but AFAICS isfinite() is supposed to be a float-type agnostic macro. Something like isfinitef doesn't exist.

Jeff, that's your code. Is that just a typo?

Corinna

No, its just old code that was using the former isfinitef macro which no longer exists. I do not advise using the mathfp code which you can only use by specifying a configuration option. It has been proven to be inaccurate compared to the regular math versions due to the series algorithms used.

I have fixed the reference nonetheless.