From: newlib-owner@sourceware.org [mailto:newlib-owner@sourceware.org]
On Behalf Of Philip Munts
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2011 3:48 AM
To: newlib@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Patch for newlib/libc/time

Here is a patch to change xprintf() to xiprintf() and sscanf() to
siscanf() in all of the source files in newlib/libc/time.  The rationale
for this is to prevent linking floating point libraries in (at least)
bare machine ARM target programs that call time functions like ctime().

There are other places in newlib this can be done safely, but this is a
much as I am brave enough to submit for now.

Phil