Re: configure.in vs. configure.ac (Re: RFA: Add Epiphany newlib &?libgloss port)

On 08.11.11 15:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

It's a bit tricky to rename files in a CVS repository and keep the history of changes intact in a usable form. If nobody cares much for the history of the configure files, I have no problems with renaming them.

I always add a line like "renamed from <old name>" to the initial log message when renaming a file in CVS. If later someone is interested in the history (s)he can look up the history by the old file name.

regards,
chris