Re: Missing Methods

On Apr 27 15:53, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On 04/27/2012 02:54 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Apr 27 12:53, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I was given a list of methods by a potential user and
> >>asked if RTEMS supported them. I honestly think they
> >>have a profile or something these came from because
> >>I don't believe any real application uses ALL of these. :)
> >>
> >>Anyway.. I think these are all libc/libm type methods
> >>and wondered if I missed them or if they are on the
> >>newlib wish list. I think there are just a few categories:
> >>
> >>+ long double complex math
> >What's missing is not only long double complex math, but long double
> >math at all, unless a target defines double == long double.
> >An implemenation of the missing long double functions would be most
> >welcome.
> OK. I will pass that along.
> >>+ FPU mode/rounding/exception helpers
> >>+ "imax" routines
> >In theory the imax routines can be easily defined by the target, without
> >newlib having to do anything.  For instance, Cygwin exports strtoll as
> >strtoimax as well, or llabs as imaxabs.
> Are these just macros on Cygwin? Or simple wrappers in C?

They are simply exported under another name, using a feature of the
.def file which defines the symbols exported from a DLL:

  LIBRARY "cygwin1.dll" BASE=0x61000000

  EXPORTS
  [...]
  strtoll
  strtoimax = strtoll
  [...]

> It seems like they would be small enough to be easy to address
> as a side project..

Of course, adding these functions to newlib wouldn't hurt either.

> The long double seems like a real project. :)

Indeed.  That, and the fact that most of the time there's no pressing
need to have those functions on embedded targets, is probably the
reason nobody ever implemented them.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen