Re: Problem with building PDFs

W dniu 2013-01-23 20:35, Joel Sherrill pisze:
On 01/23/2013 01:20 PM, Freddie Chopin wrote:
But your message made me do a little "search" and indeed there are some
empty (0 bytes) files called stmp-def in many folders + some "normal"
file that are empty:
[freddie@arch newlib]$ find -size 0
./libc/stdio/getwc.def
./libc/stdio/putwc.def
./libc/stdlib/mallocr.def
So three .def files that are empty. Could that be the reason? These 3
names cannot be found in the log of "make pdf", so I guess not...
No. The *.def files that are empty are the problem. They are
not being generated properly.

But in case of these 3 files there's no documentation in the source .c files, so I guess it's quite correct these are 0 bytes long. Or maybe not "correct", but "expected"...

I guess the real reason is somewhere here:
I've got a failure for these 5 files:
libc:
sscanf.def:275
swscanf.def:261
strftime.def:212
libm:
isgreater.def:55
s_matherr.def:81
Each failure is in exactly the same place:
Those files include references to "nodes" which are supposed
to be defined in the empty "*.def" files. So the linkage is broken
before some nodes are empty.

I'm confused... Do the 5 files above "link" any external .def files or maybe the other way around?

The empty *.def files are triggering the failures. Why the build
is generating them empty is the question.

I can attach output of configure and make info pdf if that makes any sense, but there's nothing especially wrong there other than what I've described previously...

4\/3!!