Re: stdio thread safety

W dniu 2013-06-04 20:49, Carl Norum pisze:
Yeah - I made some deeper reading of __sinit and __sfp as part of getting this stuff
set up, and it looks like I might not need them after all, as you mention.  Each thread
gets its own FILE structure for each of the standard streams, so the work buffers can't
collide anyway.  I'm just a little apprehensive about it....

You don't need to have reent for each thread either, but - as usually - there are some things you MUST NOT do in that case.

I don't know what target are you working with, so I'm not sending any specific details, as these might be useless for you. My experience is specific to microcontrollers, which - because of small RAM amount - warrant such "tricks" that are far from "standard practice".

4\/3!!