Re: Proper Conditionals for POSIX CX and XSI

On 2013-07-18 06:15, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2013-07-17 15:34, Joel Sherrill wrote:
While this was still fresh, I wanted to ask what was the
proper conditional for methods marked as CX or XSI
in the POSIX standard.

This is what is done in glibc:

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/feature_test_macros.7.html

In short, <features.h> recognizes _*_SOURCE macros, which it uses to set
various __USE_* private macros which are used throughout the headers as
conditionals to control which APIs are made available.

Having this done *properly* in the Newlib/Cygwin headers would be a big step to
fixing a lot of compiling incompatibilities with glibc.  It is also a very
tedious task, although it may not have to be done all at once

Unfortunately the GNU and BSD people don't talk much with each other. In FreeBSD we have this _*_SOURCE evaluation in <sys/cdefs.h>. Since I updated Newlibs "newlib/libc/include/sys/cdefs.h" a couple of weeks ago we should consider to use the infrastructure already available (see line 535 and below). Due to license issues it is more likely that Newlib will use code from BSD sources.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09