Re: [patch, mips] Fix parallel build on MIPS

On 09/30/2013 01:50 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Monday 30 September 2013 12:47:26 Steve Ellcey wrote:
On Sat, 2013-09-28 at 23:09 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Tuesday 24 September 2013 13:09:18 Steve Ellcey wrote:
This patch I sent out fixes parallel make of the install target on
MIPS.

go for it

Is that an official approval?  I don't see your name in
newlib/MAINTAINERS and I was assuming that libgloss had the same
mantainers as newlib and that I would need an OK from Jeff or Corinna
to do the checkin (since there is no MIPS CPU maintainer listed).  Or
are the rules for libgloss different?  I don't want to step on any toes.

for cpu-specific stuff that Jeff/Corinna don't track (which mips seems to fall
under), people tend to take care of merging.  i don't know if there's an
official policy on the matter, but that's the status quo i've observed over the
last few years.
-mike

Patch checked in.  In this case, I was just slow to respond.

For cpu-specific stuff, in most cases, I wait for experts/users of the platform to discuss and arrive at consensus to ensure a cpu-specific change for one variant doesn't break another. If there is someone who has historically made good contributions, I usually take their patch if no one pipes up.