Re: CodeSourcery's licensing of newlib files

On 10/23/2013 10:09 PM, Gregory Fong wrote:
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 6:03 AM, freddie_chopin <freddie_chopin@op.pl> wrote:
Hello!

Currently I have an opportunity to work with CodeSourcery's ARM toolchains in the "full" (paid) version. The thing that caught my eye is the strange license of the header files, that are - of course - newlib files...

stdint.h
---

/* This file is part of the CodeSourcery C Library (CSLIBC).

    Copyright (c) 2009 CodeSourcery, Inc.

    THIS FILE CONTAINS PROPRIETARY, CONFIDENTIAL, AND TRADE SECRET
    INFORMATION OF CODESOURCERY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
[snip]

and so on... Can they attach sth like that to newlib's files?
Yes, that's permitted under the BSD license.
Correct, but it means their changes can not be applied to sourceware.org's newlib.

Ralf