Re: Patch - Add pthread affinity for RTEMS

> On Nov 22 13:20, Joel Sherrill wrote:

>> Jennifer thinks I grabbed the version before your
>> recommendation. More below. [...]
>>>
>>> I would rather use
>>>
>>> #ifdef _GNU_SOURCE
>>
>> This is translated to "__USE_GNU" in <sys/cdefs.h> in the new
>> version and the guard on specific code blocks is "__USE_GNU". I
>> think this is what you and Corinna suggested.
>
> We don't actually utilize _GNU_SOURCE or __USE_GNU in newlib so
> far, except in libc/sys/linux.  We just don't have the detailed
> features.h in place as glibc has.  What we really have is
> _POSIX_SOURCE and __STRICT_ANSI__, and a teensy little bit of
> __XSI_VISIBLE, __POSIX_VISIBLE and __BSD_VISIBLE.  The last three
> are only rarely used, and we shouldn't start using them or others
> more often, unless we have the matching feature test macros defined
> in features.h along the lines (but not necessarily identical to)
> glibc.  IMHO.

Unfortunately, these really are the glibc APIs and provided to
increase compatibility between RTEMS and GNU/Linux.

I would like to see us move more to the feature macros and away
from the list of OSes we have now. I know it is a lot of details
though.

In this case, this is a GNU extension and is intentionally so.
If we just mark it with __rtems__, we are not following glibc.